Chain Stitch VS Lock Stitch
WHAT ABOUT STITCHING? Did you know that the type of stitching used on the seams of your tent can determine how long it will last. We know what type of stitching our competitors use on their tents, because we end up repairing a lot of them. Do you know the difference between a CHAIN STITCH and a LOCK STITCH? Watch the special video made by John to demonstrate the difference. You won’t believe it.
Facts about the Chain Stitch:
- often used in clothing manufacture
- looks different on the front and back sides
- when the thread breaks, the whole seam unravels like a feedbag
Facts about the Lock Stitch:
- uses two threads that are locked together inside the seam
- looks the same on the front and back sides
- when the thread breaks, it does not unravel, it is still locked down
Now that you know what type of stitching to look for, make sure you add that to your checklist when purchasing a new wall tent.