Ring Spun Cotton
The cost of goods and manufacturing is always going up, especially in these past few years. But here is something to consider when purchasing a tent or shelter that you expect to last for 20 years or more.
Our Sunforger Marine Boat Shrunk Army Duck canvas is made with ring spun cotton. Our product cost would be lower if our canvas was made from the cheaper Open End Cotton canvas, but we here at Bravo Tents went for the higher quality and more expensive Ring Spun Cotton.
Some facts about Ring Spun Cotton:
- spinning process is designed to soften and straighten the yarn
- process removes impurities which can shorten the life span of other cottons
- less pilling and softer fibres
- 15 to 20% stronger than Open End Cotton
- longer lifespan than Open End Cotton
- with proper care Ring Spun will get softer with age but maintain its strength.
Pellets run at a quarter of the operating cost, while producing twice the amount of BTUs. The Lil’ Timber boasts a heating radius of 10 feet, covering 300 square feet. No other product on the market compares.